What makes homeschooling preferable compared to typical instruction? Lately, there is a rising trend in families having a preference to homeschool their children than send their children to a traditional school.
Let's look at some of the positive aspects of homeschooling over traditional schooling:
1. A schedule that can fit your requirementsHomeschooling enables a flexible timetable. For example, the child doesn't need to get up at 7 every morning. With homeschooling, your son or daughter can begin homeschooling at 9am or later depending on your preferred schedule. You can schedule your child's homeschooling training as you see fit with materials or subjects that may be not offered in a conventional school.
You can customize the homeschool syllabus to suit the goals and curiosity of your child.
2. Individualized focusIn a traditional school setting, thirty to forty children are entrusted to an educator in class. Therefore typically, the teacher can not dedicate 100 percent attention to any youngster because it will not be equitable to the other students. Plus, it is quite difficult to supply individual attention to all pupils.
With homeschooling, your daughter or son receives all the individual focus he/she needs. For example, if your child is weak in mathematics, you could commit more time and energy into teaching mathematics.
Your child's homeschooling schedule can be adjusted to better meet that need. As an example, if your youngster is better at science than at mathematics, simple allocate more homeschooling time to mathematics and cut back on science. With homeschooling, the choice is yours. Regular schools can't do that.
3. Integration with family activitiesThe training of the son or daughter can become an extended family event. Some examples are excursions and experiments. Plus, the child also gets more quality time with his/her moms and dads. There is more time for family bonding. The daughter or son is also free of any detrimental peer pressure or influences.
4. No peer pressureWith homeschooling, the student does not need to prove his/her skills to other kids. Parents are able to deeply understand their daughter or son better with homeschooling and for that reason are able to plan the learning program according to his strengths and weakness.
Parents can also alter the curriculum to suit the learning style of the son or daughter. For example, some kids learn better from books while others need to write. Some daughter or sons even learn better from experiencing or watching things in action.
5. Religious study and instructionReligious education is a sensitive issue, consequently most conventional schools kept clear of it. Nevertheless, with homeschooling, dads and moms can take control over the ethical and religious learning of the son or daughter. Parents can pass on their ideologies and deep beliefs into the child rather than let the school dictate what ethical and religious education the student will be getting.
Homeschooling is the best way to teach a child as you can see from the benefits provided above. If you have the time, the interest and the skill, why not give it a try?